BOOKINGS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CHOOSING US! PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY (BEFORE BOOKING):
We need your: full name, age, occupation, nationality, updated passport number and if you have any special dietary needs.
- To confirm the trip, we need a deposit of:
- $250 USD per person if you are booking the Inca Trail or another trek.
- $ 250 USD per person if you take a jungle tour in and out by bus.
- $ 500 USD per person if you take a program with flight from Puerto Maldonado to Lima. VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE SEND US THE VOUCHER OF DEPOSIT SCANED TO CONFIRM YOUR RESERVATION.
Or the full payment in our bank account in Peru, or by Visa System + 5% Commission that the bank charge or by PayPal System + 5% Commission that the bank PayPal charges.
- The total payment might be made in a maximum of two transactions (1°: deposit + 2°: balance), if the customer makes more than two transactions, the cost will be charged to the client.
- The balance will be paid 40 days before the departure by any of our Payment methods (Bank transfer, Visa + 5% Commission that the bank charge or by PayPal System +5% commission)
- Prices are subject to change without previous notice. According to the fluctuation of the fuel.
- To avoid any inconvenience, we recommend you to plan your visit way in advance, at least 12 months in advance for Inka trail and 90 days in advance for Manu. (better with more time in advance)
We highly recommend, to obtain the travel insurance, the passenger must make the insurance provider aware of the type of travel for which, you are buying insurance. The cost of our tours does not include TRAVEL INSURANCE. We require that all our passengers obtain travel insurance coverage for medical/dental expense and emergency medical transportation. A policy with these provisions commonly provides financial compensation, refunds and/or other benefits in case of trip cancellation, trip interruption, travel delay, and baggage loss or delay. The clients must carry their travel insurance policy along with their valuable travel documents. In emergency situations, neither I nor our local agents will be liable to meet any expenses should your insurance coverage be inadequate in any respect.
HOW TO MAKE THE PAYMENT:
We have the system of payment on line with VISA, PayPal or to our account number in BANCO DE CREDITO DEL PERU this is the biggest bank in Peru which has many connection with other banks all over the world. We are not responsible for banking fees except for what we incur here in Peru. Our bank charges a fixed $20 USD fee for transactions. FOR EXTRA PAYMENTS – Ask your bank to make a net transfer. Note that many banks use intermediary banks that also charge a fee – We are not responsible for charges on transfers made by your bank or any intermediary bank as we already pay a bank charge for each transfer we receive.
CANCELLATION AND PENALTIES:
We must receive written notification of your decision to cancel a trip. Based on date of receipt, the following charges apply:
- If you cancel your trip prior to 35 days before departure we will refund you recoverable costs minus administrative and bank fees and any unrecoverable deposits made to third parties.
- If you cancel your trip up to 30 days before departure we retain 100% of your trip payments.
- We have our actualize price in our website and reconfirm at the moment of the payment.
- We do everything possible to avoid increasing trip prices. In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to amend prices without prior notice. And increase in trip price shall not be sufficient grounds for cancellation of the tour.
- Certain situations may arise during the tours which are beyond the control of the guides or passengers. Easy Birding Peru will advise of the situation and suggest alternatives, when deemed necessary, in the interest of safety and security of passengers. In such instances of force majeure, Easy Birding Peru will require a written response agreeing to or requesting other alternatives If changes due to force majeure entail additional costs, such costs are the responsibility of the contracting agency. Airlines typically charge a fee for date changes, ticket reissues and cancellations on most excursion fares. While we rarely cancel our departures, we reserve the right to do so up to 30 days in advance. In such a case, we will offer you alternative arrangements. If you do not accept these, we will refund all payments you made to us. In the event that we are forced to cancel a departure, we are not responsible for your trip preparation expenses such as non-refundable air tickets, doctor’s fees, medications, inoculations passports and visas, and personal equipment. Airlines typically charge a fee for date changes, ticket re-issues and cancellations on most excursion fares. In the event that you are forced to make changes, your travel insurance policy may or may not cover these charges.
No partial refunds will be given for unused hotel rooms, meals, or other pre-arranged tour services due to passenger’s decision.
All our Tour packages the accommodation is based on double occupancy for hotels, tents, and lodges. Single accommodation is available on most departures for additional cost.
COMPLAINTS AND CLAIMS:
In the tour, we will do everything possible you can enjoy the tour, however If you are dissatisfied with the tour or our services or some other aspect of the tour, please inform the tour leader, tour guide or call our local representative in order to correct the situation. Any further complaint must be put in writing to Easy Birding Peru within 15 days of the end of the tour. Any other constructive comments on how we can make things better next time will be appreciated.
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN OUR TOURS:
Airport and hotel transfers, are not included in our packages, can be arranged upon request.
PERUVIAN AIRLINE COMPANIES:
There are three Airline Companies in Peru at this moment:
Euros and USD $ are easy to change in Soles which is our local currency, other currency is Very difficult to exchange, better bring cash or credit cards, VISA and Master cards are most popular in Peru. ATM’s are widely available in major cities and airports and can dispense USD and local currency. Traveler’s checks are difficult to change and give a lower exchange rate. Major credit cards are also accepted in hotels and larger restaurants. It is recommended to make use of the Money Exchange Offices known as “Casas de Cambio” or banks for safety reasons.
Tipping means satisfaction. Tipping your trip staff is optional but customary especially on the Inka trail. Take along around $50 USD in local currency for this purpose.
In all our tours we make everything possible to avoid any kind of problems, Peru is a very nice country BUT sometimes can be blocked by unexpected Landslides or by strikes in that case we can slightly alter our program. We have taken all these possibilities into account when planning our expeditions and have allowed sufficient leeway to enable us to successfully run these exceptional trips. A positive attitude is essential traveling in Peru. We will do our best to make things “happen” Don’t expect this country to be like home!